Monday, October 1, 2012

spring flashback




Congrats to us with the beginning of the new academic year. We start this Wednesday, but I spent a whole day in the library today - so for me we've already started.

Just found my evaluation from the previous term. Mostly it's about our context report - I've done about interactive storytelling. It's quite frank but sounds like it was ages ago. Let me keep it for the history :) 

---
The term started pretty relaxed for me. I've always knew that I am passionate for technology and digital innovations. Still I love the traditional way of making things. So, there was no hesitate what topic I'd like to explore [Interactive storytelling]. At first I'd planned to make a report about IPads and comparison between print based and digital mediums.  But the more I've  found the more I understood it was just a drop in the whole thing. Comparing with interactive paper or augment reality, an e-book seems pretty obvious thing. I appreciate the assignment so much because it helped me to narrow my interests and get in touch with so many professionals and enthusiasts. So, my future plans are involving different kinds of interactivity. I've found several solutions for to create interactive books and plan to make my own [not done yet]
There is another thing I should mention. I've always have a desire to mix techniques and technologies together in an unusual way. Certainly, it  doesn't  always work well (frankly speaking sometimes seems just a loose of time). But for me it is all about playing, more about the process itself.  However, it is clear for me that I should be more focused on the finalising these wide range of ideas and projects I have. That was the lesson I wish I've learned from the previous projects, especially the one about music [that was a team project and the result was bit disappointing due to bad time management]
At the same time I plan to spent some time to exploring techniques and improving skills that i want to use . For example during the next stage I want to animate my own drawings, to add them additional dimention, like sound and movement. And of course some interaction. Also I plan to learn more about traditional publishing, printing techniques, street art, may be something about social issues and guerilla marketing. And of course there will be loads of drawing!
So, for the current moment I have several projects that are just  waiting for me to start. All they are different and I can't clearly see the final outcome.  The only thing I'm sure - it will be fun [so true!]

No comments:

Post a Comment