Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New week





Such a productive day today! Early in the morning I catch my chance to come to InDesign layout workshop - definitely, that was by coincidence. It was really useful for colour and halftone separations, several tips and tricks to add visual punch to the designs and, what is more important, gave different point of view to illustrations itself. For example designers should somehow improve given crappy photos while as illustrators we come with nice images. At the same time they have more freedom for the layouts and typography while for us it's better to stick with simpler versions of it. The understanding of this things gives us kinda calm for the 'final' outcomes.

The second thing today was my lino. I've finished it for this time, meanwhile still not sure that I would use it. Then I've got my talk with Mike which gave me confidence with my chosen direction and the whole idea. I plan to continue the linocut experience but want to add some grotesque and to exaggerate characters and buildings.

Another thing was my Milltag process. Derek helped me to come up with final slogan -  even it makes no sense for me he convinced that it makes sense for londoners. Now i have the rough layout, text, sketches  and kinda clear view how it should look like. So, let's just do it.

At the end of my day i redraw my Manhattan sketches, got nice walk, coffe and sketches in Soho and finished at the gym. I'm soo-o happy with everything - even now, writing the blog, i've just finished recent online tutorial for Adobe Illustrator.

Tomorrow will be new day, looking forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment