Friday, January 25, 2013

writing

Oh my! As much as I love to draw as much I hate to write. 
There is a hand-in for the assessment at my college on the following Monday and we are supposed to write A LOT! The funniest thing is that I can keep talking the whole day, no matter what is the subject. But when it comes to the putting words on paper, I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible. I know, I know, it's not clever at all, especially if we are supposed to write a journal almost every day. I've been doing that but in my own way - mind maps, visual notes and random sketches. So I can recover almost every hour  spent working on a project.  It's more or less the same method which is working with travelbooks - with photos or written diary I can remember just that particular moment. But with this sketchbook here comes the whole emotional and mental state from that moment. Here are smells and sounds, ideas and thoughts, the whole atmosphere around... 
But I totally understand that being professional means to be able to communicate your message clearly. And it's an industry standard to be able to use written word. That's why I do my best to improve this skill as well. But it doesn't mean that this understanding helps me to fight with my procrastination when I'm starting to write. Here it happened again. Can I just draw a wall-sized visual representation of my report?

2 comments:

  1. ahahahaha, I totally agree with you!!
    But you clearly see the necessity of writing and try to face it! That's why I admire you ;)

    ReplyDelete